“Uber Technologies v Heller: First Impressions”
July 3, 2020 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm EDT
The editors of the Canadian Journal of Commercial Arbitration (CJCA) invite you to attend a free webinar discussing the important new Supreme Court of Canada decision in Uber Technologies v Heller, and its impact on both arbitration law and the gig economy in Canada.
The webinar is generously hosted by Arbitration Place Virtual.
To register, please enter your contact information before 5:00pm on July 2: https://cjca.queenslaw.ca/webinar. Within 24 hours before the webinar date, registrants will be sent a Zoom link with password.
Moderator: Prof. Joshua Karton, CJCA Managing Editor
Commentator: Hon. Thomas Cromwell C.C., Senior Counsel, BLG; fmr Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Prof. Kevin Banks, Queen’s University Faculty of Law; Editor-in-Chief, Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal
- Pierre Bienvenu Ad. E., Co-Head of International Arbitration, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Tina Cicchetti, Vancouver Arbitration Chambers; Chair, ICC Canada
- Prof. Anthony Daimsis, University of Ottawa – Common Law Section and Littleton Chambers; CJCA Case Comments and Recent Developments Editor
- William G. Horton, Independent Arbitrator; Course Director, TCAS Gold Standard Course in Commercial Arbitration
- Prof. Janet Walker, Osgoode Hall Law School and Arbitration Place; CJCA Executive Editor